12.05.2005

Didn't Tori Amos Already Do This?

I am not quite sure how I feel about this. The Arcade Fire have purchased a church near Montreal, and are in the process of turning it into a recording studio for their next album. In the same article, guitarist Tom Kingsbury says:

"We have a few (songs) that we've sort of started working on. We have a lot of work to do."
I am glad that they are able to record in a place that inspires them, but I feel that songs should come before cool places to record. I just hope that this purchase doesn't reflect a lack of inspiration in the music department.

Also, what happened to rock stars buying mansions and fast cars? They are never going to make it onto Cribs this way.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:39 PM

    I think that Bottrop is German for "Butt Rock"

    ReplyDelete