7.08.2005

Wonderful People

It was pointed out in the comments, but deserves further mention. Q and not U are breaking up, you can read the announcement here. They are one of my favorite bands. I have seen them numerous times and been impressed with each performance. In the grand Dischord tradition, we can expect them to be in another band soon.


With Q and not U gone, one has to wonder about the fate of DC's record label. With Fugazi either defunct or in infinite hiatus, Q and not U was definitely the flagship band for the label. It will be the first time in a while that the label has not had a band that draws national attention. Some people feel that Dischord is an albatross on the neck of DC Music. While I love the label, I am not insensitive to this argument; the specter of MacKaye does loom large in this city.


I do know that Q and not U will be missed. If you didn't have a reason to go see them at Fort Reno before, you do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment