7.19.2005

Oh Fish Lady

I have been listening to a fair amount of Bruce Springsteen lately. I was raised on Bruce Springsteen, The River came out a few months after I was born and my mother would put it on and dance with me. I remember my parents telling me after they got back from the “Tunnel of Love” tour that I could see Bruce the next time he came to Washington. Unfortunately he broke up the band and came out with the regrettable “Human Touch” and “Lucky Town” albums and I didn't get to see him until a few years ago. I really hate those albums, in fact I refuse to link to them.

But to those who doubt the brilliance of this man I point you “New York City Serenade” from The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle. There is a part in the middle where he sings,

“Fish Lady, Oh Fish Lady”
with such desire and yearning that he makes a woman, who can't smell to good, beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment