10.27.2005

Now I Am A Real Blogger

Well, Kriston tagged me. This is my first meme, so be gentle.


1. Of all the books that you have eventually finished after many starts & stops, which one took you the longest and how long did it eventually take?

I really want the answer to this question to by Ulysses, but I still haven’t finished it after an almost Sisyphian number of years and attempts. I say almost Sisyphian because he at least got the rock to the top, and Ulysses tends to crush me about halfway through. I tend to be a fairly quick reader, but the answer is probably “Chaos” by James Gleick. I was seduced by the pretty pictures of fractals, but the book probably took me about 6 months when all was said and done.

2. What great band (or album or song) have you heard so often, you wouldn't mind never hearing again even though you still think the band (or album or song) is great?

I think this is a toss up between Led Zeppelin and Bob Marley. Both are pretty great and influential, but I just don’t really ever want to listen to either. In many ways, I think their influence is so widespread that listening to them just seems boring and redundant. Also, people who play “Stairway to Heaven” and “Redemption Song” on the guitar, particularly at parties or camp outs, need to be shot. Not only should they be shot, but do it quick because you know “More Than Words” is coming next.

3. Which cliché or often cited quote needs to be placed in quarantine for a few decades?

“You must be the change you want to see in the world” by Gandhi really needs to go on an extended sabbatical. I know it is inspirational and all, but I am just sick of hearing it.

4. During the 1990s "Compassion Fatigue" received a lot of press, now the media is giddy with "Donation Fatigue". What will be the next trendy fatigue?

I am hoping for “Ambition Fatigue.” Maybe China hurry up becoming a world power so that we can adopt a more European lifestyle because I think I can really increase the number of lunch beers I have in a given day.

5. What percentage of respondents will answer "meme fatigue" to question #4?

Everyone wants to, but this question prevents one from appearing witty, so none.

I don’t really know who to pass this on to, my blog friends are all pretty much covered. Is their bad luck for not passing on a Meme?

No comments:

Post a Comment