3.30.2007

Help Me Internets, You Are My Only Hope.

I have spent the last few days trying to set up the band's blog. This is what I have so far. I need to design a header and change the color scheme, but overall I am happy. The problem is that I have a few things that I would like to do that I can't seem to find any plugins or widgets for. Note, this is a Wordpress 2.1.2 blog.

First, I would like to be able to select an author's name and go to all of the posts by that author. I have seen this done, but I can't seem to figure it out. It would also be nice to have the author's names appear on the sidebar with the same clickable functionality.

Also, I would like a section in the sidebar that lists our upcoming concerts. It would be nice if you could click on them and go to more information, be it a post about them or whatever. I have tried this, but I can't seem to make it work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, feel free to let me know if you have any other ideas for band blog functionality.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Well, I don't have any immediate thoughts on problem #1. It's probably a pretty simple template thing, but it's been a while since I did any template work in Wordpress. I'd try posting to a wp forum and see if anyone can offer help.

    For item #2, the first thing that occurs to me if posting your concerts on upcoming.org or a similar service and using a WP plugin to consume the RSS feed from it, then display a list of links to those items. I'm sure there's something out there similar to Drupal's aggregator.module that would fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete