6.21.2006

Did you know?

Did you know that there is place called "Geekpad?" And did you further know that it is in the DC area? And finally, and most surprising, did you know that I do not in fact live there? Apparently there are three guys in Arlington who have wired their house and called it Geekpad. I can't find specifics as to the set up, but it is wired, has fancy lights, and an automatic ball cleaning Beer Pong table, oh and video games.

My problem is that I don't find anything particularly Geeky about them. Like say the fact that they are included in People Magazine's "Hottest Bachelors" of 2006. Yeah, real Geeky guys. Also, their website is too ugly to be designed by Geeks. Also, they raise money for charity,which is patently un-geeky.

Lame. I bet they don't even have a Linux server in their house, much less one that sends information to your cellphone. So there!

Also, I am not a man with many goals for my life, but an important one is that I will not have a Beer Pong table in my house when I am 32.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:37 PM

    I'm still working on making you fail that particular life goal Charles, p.s. Happy Beer Day Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not working very had, particularly given that you moved to the other coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:20 AM

    There's nothing less geeky than staying up late (for no good reason) and replying to a random site that somehow linked to geekpad.com. People Mag is cool and all, but if you want to come over to the GP and see that we really are geeks, you know how to get in touch. -DaveR

    ReplyDelete