4.08.2005

Eric Waters

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that my former guitar teacher, Eric Waters, is performing at the Montpelier Cultural Arts Center, 12826 Laurel Bowie Rd, Laurel, MD, on April 10. The concert starts at 3:00 pm, and is free. Call 301-953-1993 to make reservations, or for more information.

I can’t stress what an influence this man has been on my life. He is one of the most talented musicians I have every played with. Eric can play Carcassi one minute and Metallica the next, illustrating the similarities between both pieces. For him, music was not segmented along genre lines as it sometimes appears, or as we sometimes claim. Rather than just teach me how to play the guitar, Eric taught me how to appreciate and understand music.

I have not heard his newest CD, and I don’t know what style of music he will be playing on 10th, but given his talent I am sure that it will be an excellent concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment