4.13.2005

BoBlog

For an interesting read, check out Bob Mould's blog Boblog. He writes a lot about recording his new album, which was recorded at Arlington, VA's own Inner Ear Studio, with members Fugazi and Garland of Hours among others. It should be worth hearing, so keep your eye out for it.

I love reading about the recording process. It has to be one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. On one hand, you have to be arrogant enough to believe that what you are creating is worthwhile, that your art needs to be heard. But, you also listen to each song over and over again, trying to hear any imperfection, anything that you can improve. It creates quite a psychosis. I have never liked a single thing that I have recorded once I have finished recording it. In fact, when I listen to my last album I only hear flaws, things that we could have done differently. That is why I don't listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment