4.04.2006

New York Hack

Our receptionist has been sick for the past two days, so I have had to answer the phones all day. This involves sitting at a desk for 7 hours with only the computer to keep me company. I know this wouldn't be a problem for some, but after about 3 hours the internet just isn't that interesting. The experience is also like a long car ride. Because I am the only receptionist I can't leave the desk without getting someone to fill in for me. This means that I stock up on water and soda and go to the bathroom before I sit down.

Today hasn't been that bad because I stumbled across New York Hack. This is a blog by a female New York City taxi driver, who brings along a camera and takes pictures while she works. It is an interesting read, along the lines of Waiterrant, which is where I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment